After being diagnosed with stage 3 brain cancer and being treated at Dana Farber's Brain Tumor Clinic, I wanted a way to give back to the hospital that gave me hope and kept me alive. 18 Holes of Hope was the product of my passion and has raised over $45,000 for the Jimmy Fund in five years.
I am still seen at Dana Farber every 4 months to ensure my cancer is not active again. Each visit is a reminder of just how important events like this are. The money raised goes to crucial cancer research and care.
It is my goal to give other cancer patients the same hope I had and continue to believe in a life free of cancer.
This Jimmy Fund Golf Tournament supports lifesaving work at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
· Ranked one of the top cancer hospitals in
· Providing expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure, and prevention of cancer and related diseases
· Transforming scientific discoveries into innovative therapies for patients around the world
· Designing programs that promote public health, particularly among high-risk and underserved populations
· Training the next generation of talented physician-scientists
The Jimmy Fund is:
· Dana-Farber’s principal fundraising arm
· Integral to the success of treatment for once-incurable cancers in children and adults
· Attracting tens of thousands of event participants and volunteers through hundreds of fundraising events each year
Learn more at dana-farber.org